What we do
Ululab uses its game development expertise to make a difference in children education around the world. We believe that video game is a medium that will continue to evolve significantly and that they can have a huge impact in education. Playing is learning. We strive to find what’s fun in learning and we make video games out of it. Our last titles are award winning games like Slice Fractions (Apple Best of 2014) and its sequel (App of the Day). We’re currently building a small team of 5 people in the creative city of Montreal, Canada.
How we do it
We have been able to get visibility worldwide because we apply strong game design principles in the field of kids educational apps, where real games are rare. Our current project is an ambitious service which tackles several complex subjects in primary school mathematics.
- Make a difference in the world: your job has a measurable beneficial impact on hundreds of thousands of kids worldwide;
- Wear lots of hats in a small indie development team;
- Discover Montreal’s indie game scene by working at the Gameplay Space, a coworking environment downtown Montreal with 20+ indie game companies that hosts lots of game related events;
- Benefit from flexible working hours.
2D artist (Full-time)
What you’ll be working on
- Create concept arts and storyboarding for new worlds with short storylines, new characters and animations;
- Create 2D props and background scenery assets;
- Create animated 2D characters asset;
- Integrate these assets in the Unity 3D game engine;
- Iterate designs based on internal/external play tests, game metrics, and team input;
- Anything else that needs to be done to ship awesome products :-).
- A strong interest in creating educational game experiences;
- Able to express an idea with simple image compositions;
- At least 2 years of experience working in the video games industry;
- Experience in Unity;
- Professional attitude and an ability to give and take constructive feedback.
- Being a small team, to succeed and be happy, you will need to be self-driven, a good communicator and a team-player;
- Ability to interact in both French and English.
Nice to have
- Experience in mobile app development;
- Experience in UI/UX design;
- Experience with Spine;
- Knowledge of source control tools such as GIT;
- Previous experience in shipping a video game.
Please send your CV to email@example.com