What we do
Playing is learning. We create games that transform kids’ understanding of complex subjects through gameplay. Most importantly, truly understanding a subject positively changes their feelings about it. We have shipped award winning games like Slice Fractions (Apple Best of 2014) and its sequel (App of the Day). We’re a small team in the creative city of Montreal, Canada.
How we do it
We have been able to get visibility worldwide because we apply strong game design principles in the field of kids educational apps, where real games are rare. Our current project is an ambitious service which tackles several complex subjects in primary school mathematics.
- Make a difference in the world: your job has a measurable beneficial impact on hundreds of thousands of kids worldwide;
- Wear lots of hats in a small indie development team;
- For the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, we expect our team to mostly work from home. When it is safe to do so, we will return to the Gameplay Space, a coworking environment downtown Montreal with 20+ indie game companies that hosts lots of game related events;
- Benefit from flexible working hours.
What you’ll be working on
- Own large portions on the software development of our upcoming project in mathematics;
- Design and implement a scalable architecture that can tackle challenging tasks for mobile devices, such as efficiently using Unity’s Addressables, or loading and displaying dynamic content fetched from a database;
- Contribute to the game design and help iterate and test new ideas and refinements;
- Ensure that the codebase quality stays high;
- Anything else that needs to be done to ship awesome products :-).
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience;
- At least 5 years of experience in software development;
- At least 3 years of experience in video game development;
- Knowledge of Unity / C#;
- You’ll be part of a startup environment with plenty of opportunity for solving various problems requiring you to learn whatever is needed to solve them;
Nice to have
- Previous startup experience;
- Previous experience in shipping a video game;
- A strong interest in mentoring others in a proactive and respectful manner;
- Ability to interact in both French and English.
If you do not tick all of the boxes above, we still encourage you to apply. These are preferred guidelines but we are more interested in candidates with the right passion and attitude towards educational games and marketing, then those without.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for this role without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, parental status or disability status. We particularly encourage applications from women, gender minorities and people of color as these groups are underrepresented in our industry.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com